Software Engineer Platform
Role: Software Engineer
We are looking for a software engineer to join the platform team within the advanced engineering group at Navinfo Europe. The platform team will be working on simulation, dynamic services and customer specific projects. The simulation activity focuses on creating a virtual simulation platform for testing autonomous driving functionality by means of sensor simulation. The dynamic services activity focuses on processing and normalizing dynamic traffic data in order to offer that as a service to our (OEM) customers.
Founded in 2002, Navinfo now is the No.1 Location Service Provider in China. NavInfo is leading the way to become the “Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving” with core businesses in HD map, high accuracy positioning, cloud service platform, automotive-grade semiconductors for ADAS, and autonomous driving.
In NavInfo Europe, we work with an integral approach on topics related to Autonomous Driving, Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, Cybersecurity, and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV). Multiple disciplines like Control System Design, World Modeling, Motion Planning, Functional & Operational Safety, Sensor Fusion, V2V & V2X Communication, Electronics, Software Engineering, Assessment, Tooling, etc. work together to bring the automated vehicle into life.
Work Description / Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining Simulation and/or Dynamic Services code, including associated automatic tests
- Performing peer code reviews
- Performing (developer) tests on your own code
- Help getting requirements clear and writing down use cases
- Creating and updating SW documentation
- Part of a scrum team
- Project Leader and Department Manager
Requirements / Essentials
- A MSc or BSc degree, preferably in computer science.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in software development (design, implementation and integration).
- Advanced practical experience in modern C++11/14
- Practical experience in Python
- Advanced practical experience in working with Linux, both as development environment as well as execution platform.
- Command of written and spoken English.
- Experience with AWS or other major Cloud platforms
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Atlassian Tooling (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/GIT)
- Experience with Jenkins
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and technologies
Additional bonus points
- Domain knowledge in navigation applications
- Experience with Unity3D
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or Chinese (Mandarin)
Working at NavInfo Europe
- Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to mobility, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next-generation experiences in transportation.
- We're a growing international & multicultural team of incredibly smart and fun people you'll enjoy being around!
- Navinfo Europe is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Apply now!