Product Manager Data Delivery Services
Product Manager Data Delivery Services
We are looking for a product manager to join the Data Delivery Services (DDS) team at Navinfo Europe. Our DDS team focused on the development of tools to convert and deliver geographical data into various formats mainly for usage with the automotive industry. As a Product Manager, you will be working with a world-class team of engineers, researchers, product managers, and other internal stakeholders.
Your contributions will bring new DDS services to market which are initially based on our extensive data conversion know-how. You will develop and drive the product vision for cloud services related to map data compilation, digital product delivery deliveries and content management.
The new DDS services include the distribution of products to our customers and end-users in an optimal and standardized way and through standardized API’s. The scope of the delivery services will be extended to enable the delivery of any NavInfo Group created digital data products both within the NavInfo Group and NavInfo customers.
We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, adaptable, and enjoys challenging the status quo. Your job will be to bring new DDS service to market. Our work is at the centre of the most consequential mega-trends in technology – autonomous driving vehicles - and there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Founded in 2002, Navinfo now is the No.1 Location Service Provider in China. NavInfo is leading the way to become the “Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving” with core businesses in HD map, high accuracy positioning, cloud service platform, automotive-grade semiconductors for ADAS, and autonomous driving.
In NavInfo Europe, we work with an integral approach on topics related to Autonomous Driving, Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, Cybersecurity, and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV). Multiple disciplines like Control System Design, World Modeling, Motion Planning, Functional & Operational Safety, Sensor Fusion, V2V & V2X Communication, Electronics, Software Engineering, Assessment, Tooling, etc. work together to bring the automated vehicle into life.
- Assess existing and new requirements for digital map data products for Automotive use; facilitate assessment and selection of the best production-at-scale option(s) and coordinate the team to successfully launch services with the right service level(s).
- Acquire market intelligence and create the Business Plan
- Define the product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Define the services, scope, priorities, pricing models, based on marked research, business opportunities, available capabilities, budget, and other business drivers.
- Drive new DDS service release targets and scope; align deliverables to tool availability, release cadence, and verification & validation milestones.
- Define and execute short-, mid- and long-term roadmaps
- Understanding the pain points and needs of early users and customers
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and create additional delivery services
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Identify and track key success metrics for your products and features
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose technical alternatives when necessary; ask questions that clarify priorities and challenge the team to be effective.
- Partner deeply with project leads and engineers, sales team, quality team to ensure the required high quality and reliability of the services.
- Support technical and strategic planning, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for initiatives and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience as a software-focused Technical Program Manager, Product Manager, Engineering Manager, or Engineer in an autonomous systems, robotics, or software development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or a related area, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability preferred.
- Relevant experience in cloud-services platform company
- A passion for automotive and in-vehicle connected technology
- Proven track record of taking a product from conception to ship in a hands-on role.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive results, problem solve and achieve objectives working with a diverse cross functional team.
- Experience in at least one of the following domains is a plus; Distributed computing, scaleable architecture, high availability, microservices, containers/virtualization, cloud computing (AWS, …)
- Demonstrated business acumen and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to develop revenue producing relationships
- Passionate about innovation and customer satisfaction;
- Experience in a high-demanding, dynamic, multi-cultural and international environment is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English. Additional Dutch and/or German language skills are a plus
- Willingness to travel: International business trips to customers and our mother company (NavInfo) will be required on regular basis
A competitive salary (based on a 40-hour week), consistent with your level of education and experience
An initial one-year contract with the prospect of an indefinite contract
One extra month’s salary per year (‘13th month’), plus 8% holiday allowance annually
25 vacation days, 5 compensation days
Flexible working hours
Extensive training opportunities
Pension and health insurance scheme
A fast moving, innovative and international diverse working environment
If you feel you fit the description and you are interested in working within a fast growing, international and innovative organisation with a solid customer base, then please apply now! You can expect a challenging job with a market conforming employment package. For more information please contact the HRM department +31 40-711 35 56, Luchthavenweg 34, 5657 EB Eindhoven.